Wooden cabin at the edge of the forest
Our B&B is OPEN from mid-April to mid-October.
It is a restored wooden cabin, just outside the woods (loads of birds throughout the day, but you might also see butterflies, crickets, wildbores, foxes...)
Water comes from the rain or a mountain spring, the energy comes from solar pannels, the water is heated by a solar thermosyphon. It is insulated with local lambswool and cork from Sicily and Portugal. Wood comes from EU forests and mostly local. Paints are all home made from linseed oil and natural pigments. Furniture is either recycled or home made.
- room for 2 persons + baby bed -6 years + a mattress for child/adult would be possible with supplement (+10euros )
- small private bathroom with : shower (hot water by solar thermosiphon), washbasin
- toys for children on request
- dry toilets (with sawdust)
- hot and cold shower in the open air
- small outdoor summer kitchen with full crockery, gas cooker and wood available
- wood-fired barbecue
- dining room under the trees
- terrace with deck chairs
- deckchair under the trees
- trampoline and hammocks for children
- children's hut on prior reservation for an additional 5 euros
- chamber pot and baby bath on request
Private parking. Closed property.
Trekking (GR52 - 3km) several paths available within France as well as towards and from Italie and the Alps. Water sports within 10km. Train towards Nice and Breil within 3km. Regular buses towards Menton and Monaco within 3 km…
Gaia Luna is only 3 km away from the town of SOSPEL, 15 km from Menton, 25 km from MONACO, 45 km from NICE, 10 km from Italy and very close to the Mercantour National Park.
In Sospel you may find several restaurants and bars as well as a tourism office where you can find out what is going on in town during the summer season.
Rates for overnight stay : 65 euros ( if you bring your own towels and sheets, we offer you breakfast! )
Dinner is a veggetarian meal of 4 courses - starter, main course, cheese, desert. Water and wine are included : 29 euros
Breakfast : 7 euros per person
Pick-nick for the next day : 12 euros
Pets admitted with a 10 euro fee supplement, reservation is necessary.
Nearest airport : Nice Côte d'Azur (50 km) Possible to rent cars there. Bus 23 and 99 towards the main train station in Nice, as well as the Tramway. The are several daily trains coming from Nice to Sospel. Check the timetables.
Regulars buses come to Sospel from Menton, line 15. Check the timetables on the ZestBus website.
For hikers, bikers and trekkers, we propose to come and collect you at your arrival in Sospel, as our house is further uphill as you arrive in town. This a free service we propose, only if you book beforehand.
Mobile +33 6 24 60 41 86
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org